Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

I've Been Bad

I've been fucking up lately. Which isn't something I don't normally do. I eat salads, oatmeal, avocados, and tofu hot dogs on a regular basis and then one day a week I pretty much eat whatever I want - usually something like a Chipotle burrito bowl or I'll go out to a club with my friends pop some bottles and go to a diner afterwards.

I give myself one day sometimes one and half days to eat whatever, because I'm human, and I live in New York City and I'm constantly tempted by all the new trendy restaurants popping up. I call it my cheat day, and I love it because it's something to look forward to every week. 

But the past 4 days something came over me and I've been eating cupcakes, cheesecakes,(non Chipotle) burritos and drinking more alcohol than usual. Seriously, wtf.  


It all started Tuesday, I wanted to celebrate a new job by eating a 525 calorie Crumbs cupcake. It was delicious, and that's the only bad thing I had eaten that day so I wasn't really thinking about. I did an hour and 20 minutes of cardio that day too so I really didn't care and I knew it wouldn't effect me. 

On Wednesday I had the day off, I did laundry and other mundane household shit. I had eaten super clean that day and I did a super intense workout-my butt is still sore- but I was restless and I really wanted to see my friend who I hadn't seen in a while. We decided to go to Blockheads, and I got a huge burrito, 2 frozen margaritas and had mad chips and salsa. It was a great night, but I knew I didn't need to be eating like that, and I woke up pretty bloated. 

In my head I was thinking Oh well, I don't normally eat like that, its okay. I justified it as a mandatory celebration, but I could have eaten half of the burrito and had the same level of satisfaction and none of the guilt.

Thursday comes a long and at this point I knew really better. I had fruit for breakfast, a delicious salad for lunch, and I felt like I was getting back on track from my 2 days of not eating that great. But then a co worker decided to buy me truffles and a vitamin water (32 grams of sugar) - bitch please, you wouldn't turn it down either. I gave in. Then that night I get a call from another old friend- we met up for drinks and cheesecake. And I didn't workout that day, it was my rest day, but still- I told you I was fuckin up.

So today, the same coworker who bought me the truffles and  has an obvious crush on me decided to buy me a muffin and another vitamin water. I took 1 bite of the muffin threw in the trash can and started this post. 

Enough is enough. 

I know better, and I believe in practicing what I preach. Some of you probably don't even think that what I did was that serious, some of you eat like shit everyday, but I can't

I'm not saying you should feel guilty for eating junk food once and a while, but it is not an everyday thing, not even a 2 or 3 times a week thing and if you're eating anything more than that....well you're guilty as charged.

People recognize in my neighborhood as a trainer. Last week I was spotted at the grocery store and the guy looked through my cart to see what I was eating. I take what I do seriously and I'm not gonna be a fast food eating hypocrite bullshit trainer.

In a way I'm glad this happened to me because now I understand a little bit better how people get caught up in the cycle of junk food. It's easy to get caught up, it's easy to just eat like shit and justify it. It's easy to eat things because they taste good, but there's still no good reason to do it all the time.

The reality is I'm not perfect and neither are you. You can't eat clean 100% of the time but you most certainly can try to. You can give it your all  and go hard and eat right and exercise and reap the awesome benefits. Or you can eat unhealthy garbage and do so-so workouts and live a mediocre lifestyle and have a mediocre body. 

And now I feel so much better for venting, hopefully you got something out of this, or at least had something to do for the last few minutes. I can't wait to have my salad for lunch and hit the gym later tonight, because it makes me feel good and keeps me looking fuckin sexy. And it's hard but it's worth it.


So that's all I got for now. Later Bitches.

XoXo, 
 AminaZena

Instagram:   AminaZena
E-mail:        aminazena@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment