Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

fun moments (un edited)


my favorite moments are the ones that you know must come to an end. dating the guy you know is no good for you. chugging your 5th beer for the night. staying up until 3am when you have to be up at 7 the next day. the moments that you swear are the reason you're alive yet really do nothing for your existence.

But these superficial moments, the bike rides through central park, the zip lining through the national park,scuba diving in Mexico, they mean something. Those are the moments that you are really living, that you are really awake and alive and experiencing all the joy this life has to offer.

I firmly believe that. We work hard to play hard. make money just to spend it. and if that's all there is to life then I've done a good job.

Sometimes I think back on all the moments I could've caught on film, the outfits that turned heads, the conversations that made my mind race. and I wish I could share them with you. but I can't, and that's what makes them all the more wonderful. knowing that the time you spent can never be duplicated or re experienced, that everything was panned out in perfect timing to create a particular mood or feeling that you manifested.

You see I believe that you can have whatever you want and if you don't know what you want you're still going to end up in the crazy little pictures you painted in your head.

our imaginations carry more weight in our actuality than we give credit for and that is a fact. I on the other hand must be up at 5am. It's 10:26pm on a Sunday night, and I just came from a Thai resturant and before that I was at brunch popping bottles with some cool promoters and party people, and before that one of my friends from college fed me pancakes, and before that I was cleaning my cute little harlem 1 bedroom.

I can't believe all that happened in a day, but I'm glad I did. I needed the alcohol, the sugar and extra calories. The chance to wear exactly what I wanted and be praised for it instead of judged. The chance to put on a full face of makeup and run around Manhattan looking for a good time. These are the moments I live for, and if that's all I got, at least I can say I had fun.

Well that's all I Got for now. I'm off to bed,

xoxo, drunkly yours

AminaZena

No comments:

Post a Comment